Web Site (What's To Do)
List of pages to create or update
- OK = READY = OK except for proofreading (page uploaded)
- P0 = READY = OK except for validation before upload
- P1 = NOW = probably within one week
- P2 = ASAP = probably within one month
- P3 = NORMAL = probably within three months
- P9 = POSTPONED = awaits reception of contribution, etc ...
This list will be complete when the backlog has been reviewed.
- TODO next (content)
- Update of the "Roll Call" pages
- Upload of submitted content (see the todo page for the full list - update started but not completed!)
- Read Me pages in English, Dutch, French and German
- Selection of the BELGIUM-ROOTS Logo (Aug 2002 ?)
- TODO next (technical)
- Refining of the search engine partitions (number and/or area)
- Review the left aligning of the text on some pages
- Review the items of the "Menu box"
- Review the items of the 3rd "Menu bar" (delete on all pages except index.html)
- Delete all old pages, that have been moved (31/07/2002)
- OK - 12/07/2002 - Sue Yamtich
- Upload of the Passenger List Charlemagne 17/10/1850
- OK - 12/07/2002 - Gene Jenkins
- Upload of 15 counties with transcriptions of the US Census 1920.
- Contains all postings from Gene about this topic on the list between 17/03/2002 and 12/07/2002 (ca 1787 persons listed).
- Mention of the St AlLbans Lists on the Immigration outline
- P1 - 01/07/2002 - Roll Call
- Update the Roll Call Pages
- P1 - 02/07/2002 - Picosearch
- Update the list of partitions
- Update the relevant pages of the site
- P1 - 08/07/2002 - Site content
- Review the list of submissions, not yet uploaded, and update this page
- P1 - 09/07/2002 - Belgium
- Submit the content of the subdivisions page to the copyright holders for approval
- P1 - 12/07/2002 - Team
- Add the page of Gene Jenkins
- Update the page of Sue Yamtich
- P1 - permanent - Site design
- Check the internal broken links with LINKBOT and correct the errors.
- P2 - permanent - Site design
- Check the external broken links with LINKBOT and update if possible
- P2 - 31/07/2002 - Site design
- Delete all old pages (that have been moved) before 31/07/2002
- About 500 files will be deleted !
- P2 - 09/07/2002 - Site design
- Review the real lay-out of all pages
- Correct and/or update where needed
- Add the "working" sign if needed
- P3 - 01/07/2002 - Read Me pages
- Submit the concrete purpose of the Read ME pages to the volunteer who will write/translate the text of this page
- Purpose is to guide the vistor, interested in Belgian emigrants to neighbour countries.
- P3 - 01/07/2002 - Site Logo
- Prepare a logo design page, that should contain the format description, the constraints (colors, ..) and purpose.
- Re-contact the original submitters of a logo
- Prepare a page of submitted logos
- Select the logo and put it on the site
- P3 - 01/07/2002 - Ship descriptions
- Create one page for each existing ship description (former chronological list of ships on the site).
- Link this page to the relevant page of the Ship Line
- Add more info, IF it's a Belgian Ship and/or Line
- P3 - 09/07/2002 - Ship descriptions
- Add links to the Ships Images pages of Ludo Van Moorleghem to the ship description pages on this site.
- P3 - 09/07/2002 - Belgium - Place Names
- Upload a compilation of several public lists, about municipalities who did change country, etc ...
- BR pages
- R+R pages
- Jose pages