In order to safeguard the QUALITY, CONTINUITY and GROWTH of this project, it has been decided in March 1999 to build a BELGIUM-ROOTS Management Team.
The main responsibilities of this Management Team will be to
- determine the policy of BELGIUM-ROOTS
- monitor and, if need be, moderate the Mail List
- acquire and publish information on the web site
- establish and maintain contacts with local genealogical and historical societies, both in Belgium and abroad
- guide and assist the BELGIUM-ROOTS Support Team that still has to be build
The more tedious tasks of the Management Team members will consist of
- the administration of the Mail List: the co-listowner(s)
- the maintenance of the web site: the co-webmaster(s)
- assist researchers
It goes without saying that these tasks will be reserved to those Management Team members who volunteer for it.
The BELGIUM-ROOTS Management Team will -- in my opinion -- ideally consist of minimum six and maximum twelve people. Taking an average of nine, the following geographical distribution is suggested:
- 1 from Canada
- 3 from Flanders
- 2 from the United States
- 3 from Wallonia
The Management Team Members should be familiar with family history and with the Internet. A few members will have a more thorough knowledge of information technology.
We will keep an open policy on the admittance of new Management Team members. If you wish to volunteer, or wish to propose a candidate, you should write to:Mail: J.A.G. Picavet Doorn 9 BE - 9150 Kruibeke Belgium Phone: Local: (03) 744 10 07 International: +32 3 744 10 07 Fax: Local: (03) 774 10 11 International: +32 3 774 10 11 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: http://www.ping.be/picavet/
- MT: listowner, co-webmaster
- Patron Rootsweb (until 2000)
- MT: webmaster, co-listowner, boards administrator
- Donor Rootsweb (until merge with MyFamily.com in 2000)