Belgium-Roots Roll Call
- Each trimester a notice will be posted to the BELGIUM-ROOTS Mail List the webmaster of the BELGIUM-ROOTS site to announce a ROLL CALL for two (2) rolls:
- The Belgian Resident Roll Call is for families in a specific place, or area
- The Belgian Emigrant Roll Call is for emigrants/immigrants of Belgian origin.
- In order for names to be published, they MUST be posted to the list by the stated deadline.
- Genealogical data concerning Belgian emigrants and their family in Belgium and/or abroad. researchers, subscribed to the BELGIUM-ROOTS list, can post those on the list. If they mention it explicitly, those data will be uploaded within the month on the BELGIUM-ROOTS site. See this page for the more detailed guidelines and a list of reseachers who did already post some genealogies.
Belgian Surname Lists (grouped by territorial entity)Some researchers can post their surnames lists on this site, in order to exchange or collect more info about those data.
Those already present on the site are:
External database sitesGenealogical data is collected on the sites of Worldconnect, etc ... .
We will put a general link to databases on those sites, if the submitter explicitly mentions the URL of his database on one or more of these sites. And that database does contain one or more Belgian emigrants.
And also a link to the relevant page of the web site of the researcher.
- The following sites are recommended:
WorldconnectA link can be made to the specific page of the Worldconnect database concerning directly a Belgian emigrant (not for ascendants, descendants, etc ...)
Rootsweb Message boardsA link can be made to a specific message on a board, that contains more data (research query, biography, obit, etc ...). This only if it concerns directly a Belgian emigrant (not ascendants, descendants, etc ...)
GeneanetA link can be made to the specific public page of the Worldconnect database concerning directly a Belgian emigrant (not ascendants, descendants, etc ...)
Other databasesOnly a general link will be placed (at this moment).
RemarksIn this context we consider an emigrant, the person born in Belgium, who emigrated to an other country.