German-speaking Community of Belgium
Outline related to Belgian Emigration
This municipalities are now (German and French names):
- Amel (Amblève)
- Büllingen (Bullange)
- Buetgenbach (Butgenbach)
- Eupen [capital city]
- Kelmis (La Calamine)
- Sankt Vith (Saint-Vith)
The municipalities of Malmédy and Waimes are part of the French Community of Belgium, but do have a German-speaking minority.
- Click here for a map (with description) of the German speaking area of Belgium, trough history.
French Era (1795-1815)
- See the history of Département de l'Ourthe.
German Era (1815-1919)
- See the history of the Province Rheinland, Prussia.
Belgian Era (1919-now)
- The region was during the occupation by the German Army again annexed by Germany.
- The History of East Belgium (English text by Leonhard Schifflers)
- Grenz-Echo (German)