Population Register 1830
A census was held in 1830 within the municipalty of Grez-Doiceau. With the results a population register was created. All families where written down in the register, grouped by "section" (a cadastrial subdivision of each municipality). The next years most of the population mouvements where penciled in.
Those sections and their corresponding folios (folio = the backside of a page and the frontside of the next) where in 1830:
- Grez (main village) (folio001 until 029),
- Centry (folio030 until 036),
- Doiceau (folio037 until 047),
- Gastuche (folio048 until 052),
- Morsaint (with Royenne and Bayarmon) (folio053 until 058),
- Heze (folio059 until 075)
The following lookup tools are available:
- The general search engine at our search page(all options available)
- The following specific search engines (with a list of the relevant items found in this population register):
You can print all the data of a census page, if you choose the "Landscape format" within your browser (when available).
The transcript is organized as the register: one web page for each page of the register. Click here for the list of all this pages.
Explanation of the column headers (bold font and blue background on the web page):
- First line:
- FilmNbr: FHC film number
- Census: Year of the census
- DivLocale: Local division (in this case: Section of a municipality)
- Pg: page of the register (in this case a folio)
- Hs: house number
- HsFam: number of families in the house
- Ind: number of individuals in the family
- Second line:
- ID: Identification number (Added by transcriber)
- First names
- Age: in years (sometimes months/mois)
- Place of birth
- Sex (Male of Female)
- Marital status(added by the transcriber)
- MM male - married
- MV male - veuf (widow)
- MC male - célibataire
- FM female - married
- FV female - veuve (widow)
- FC female - célibataire
- Occupation: see our translation lists for a translation in English.Click here for the translated list of occupations. (Under construction)
- Observations: the original text for this lines, has been added at the end of the page for practical reasons; you can click on the reference to jump to a footnote (click on the footnote number to re-jump to the relevant line)
- Comments: added by the transcriber (click on the reference number to jump to the corresponding footnote)
Keep in mind that this population census of 1830 was also used to register the population mouvements (mostly written in pencil). It was only from 1847 on that population registers where held in the whole country and with the same method.
This group of pages wasn't available without the work done by Kathleen RACE (email@example.com), who did the transcription from the microfilm (1,2 MB). Her initiative was very much appreciated.