The municipality of Waterloo was founded in 1795 and belonged to the municipal canton of Braine-l'Alleud. From 17 february 1800 to the same judicial canton (when the system of municipal cantons was abolished) and from 09 juanuary 1802 to the judicial canton of Nivelles until now.
Web sitesA very small selection ....
- Waterloo 1815 - The Visitors Center
- The Battle
- The Belgian participation (Dutch) by Patrick De Wolf (created in June 2003)
- Belgian participation, a comment of Mark G. McLaughlin
- "... Belgians, it would appear, have a military history prior to 1830 and one that they can be proud of."
- The English participation
- Napoleon Ier (French)by Yves Moerman
- and a related site: Battle of Ligny (1815) by André Bodart
- Waterloo 1815 (mainly threads in Dutch) by Patrick De Wolf (created in June 2003)
Battle of Waterloo
- Area map of Waterloo, Belgium showing the disposition of troops at the Battle of Waterloo, 18th June 1815. (Freee map at Ancestry.com)