The Holy Roman Empire
Outline related to Belgian Immigrants
- Kurfurstendum Trier
- Some enclaves are now on Belgian territory.
- A Flemish cartographer who lived from 1512 to 1594. Gerardus Mercator was the latinized form of his name. Born 1512 in Rupelmonde, County of Flanders (Spanish Netherlands). His family resided in Gangelt (Germany) Died 02 December 1594 in Duisburg, Duchy of Cleve (Holy Roman Empire).
- Gerardus Mercator
- The Mercator Conformal Projection
- What is a Mercator Projection
- Peters Projection vs. Mercator Projection
- Mercator (Rupelmonde) (Dutch)
- Mercator Projection
" Designed for navigation. This is a very common map projection. However, it is a poor representation of the world because it makes non-equatorial areas look a lot bigger than they actually are. For instance, Greenland is shown with an enormously exaggerated size, although its shape is preserved. The poles themselves cannot be shown on a Mercator projection."
- Mercator, Gerardus