Outline related to Belgian Immigrants
- Flemish, Vlaams by BBC Education:
- "The first written example of Flemish (and Dutch) is a late 11th century love poem, written in old-Dutch or more specifically South-West Flemish:Hebban olla vogala nestas hagunnan All the birds have begun their nests Hinase hic enda thu except me and you Uuat unbidan uue nu? what are we waiting for?"
- Southern Standard Dutch in Flemish pronunciation guides
- Paper written by Hanne Kloots (University of Antwerp). The first 5 pages of the 16 pages extract in this PDF file is a history of the history of the Flemish variant of Dutch, with references to German and Norwegian situation.
- Flemish ("Vlaams" in Dutch, "Flamand" in French) is a "de facto" dialectgroup of the Dutch language,
- and is composed of the following dialects (belonging to the dialectgroups listed in bold):
- Hollands: West-Vlaams
- Brabants: West-Brabants, Antwerps-Kempisch, leuvens, Aalsters, Oost-Vlaams
- Limburgs: Zuid-Limburgs, West-Limburgs, Noord-Limburgs, Oost-Brabants
- A discussion in Dutch about the territorial subdivision of the Dutch dialects in the Southern Netherlands
- with the following maps of the territorial limits of the Dutch dialects in the Southern Netherlands, in the County of Flanders, the Duchy of Brabant the Prince-Bishopry of Luik and their dependent entities.
- Be aware that several propositions of territorial linguistic subdivisions (as the one mentioned) do exist. No subdivision has been accepted as the correct one, due to the many interactions and migrations between these subregions.
- Dialect Group Hollands
- Dialect Group Brabants
- Brussels (Dutch)
- Dialect Group Limburg
- Limburgs by the Province Limburg (Dutch)