The census (1847 until 1990)
- Census 31 December 1846
- Census 31 December 1856
- Census 31 December 1866
- Census 31 December 1880
- Census 31 December 1890
- Census 31 December 1900
- Census 31 December 1910
- Census 31 December 1920
- Census 31 December 1930
- Census 31 December 1948
- Census 31 December 1960
- Census 31 December 1970
- Census 31 December 1980
The main registers
- Population Registers 1847-1856
- Population Registers 1857-1866
- Population Registers 1867-1880
- Population Registers 1881-1890
- Population Registers 1891-1900
- Population Registers 1901-1910
- Population Registers 1911-1920
- Population Registers 1921-1948
- Population Registers 1949-1960
The additional registers
- Each set of population registers does have a register labeled "Alphabetical index on the main registers"
Register of arrival and departure
Register of the foreign population
- (who resided more then 3 months in the municipality)
Register of the house personal and workers
- (only between 1856 and 1900)
Register of the "Work booklets"
- (only between 1803 and 1883)
Register of the frontier- and seasonal workers
- (mainly border municipalities, for the people who did work outside the country, but resided in the municipality)
The Population Cards
- The registers are replaced by cards from about 1930/1960 on.
Proof of identity issued on basis of the population registers
Causes of death
- The cause of death was communicated by the municipality to the Minitry of interior from 1866 on for statistical purposes.
- NO individual registration, but a register of death cause did exist in some municipalities around 1900.
- Or the statistical code can be found in the population registers.