- "Perry County was organized in the year 1814, two years before the State of Indiana was admitted to the Union. It was named in honor of the Gallant Commodore Oliver H. Perry, whose fame is known to every school boy in the state."
"It contains about four hundred square miles of territory; and is bounded on the North by Dubois and Crawford Counties; East by Crawford County and the Ohio River; South by the Ohio River; and West by Spencer and Dubois Counties."
From The Cannelton Enquirer
- Saturday, August 17, 1872
- Source: http://www.perrycountyindiana.org/history/pchistory.html
See Official Website
An other text, but with images, the original plan of the township, ...