- Ogana, Pottawatomie County, Kansas
- First French speaking Belgians in Kansas.
- Neuchatel, Nemaha county, Kansas (1850-1900)
- An extract about a Theys family
Florent Theys, who was a native of Belgium, came here from Wisconsin in 1866. He took a homestead in the north part of the township, and which was sold to Ed Smith a few years later. He worked a year for Alfred Bonjour; the next year for Fred Bonjour, and another year for Louis C. Simon. He married Louisa Vautravers in December, 1869. His oldest children are: Julia (Mrs. J. A. Bonjour), Pauline (Charles Bonjour's widow), and Mary (Mrs. Tom Kelly). Mr. Theys got killed in a runaway accident, 1n 1896. While driving a colt to a hay rake he fell off the rake and got his head caught between the spokes of the wheel and broke his neck.
- Pioneer Priests and Brothers of St. Mary's Mission
- "... the early Jesuit fathers and brothers of St. Mary's. Missionary heroes of the American frontier, they were the first to call God down on the altars of these prairies; they cared for His House in a raw land; they preached the true Faith to Indians and white settlers; and they were principal agents for the pioneer organization of the Catholic Church in Kansas. ..."